The Supersonics Mentoring Program pairs beginner band students with local musicians for private lessons, with the goal of inspiring and encouraging students who might not otherwise have access to private lessons. The program is organized by Westbrook Middle School band director Krystle Smith and Westbrook musician Bess Jacques.
Specific goals of the program include:
• inspiring and empowering beginner band students
• providing positive, one-on-one interactions for students
• prioritizing students who might not otherwise have access to private lessons or who might especially benefit from the positive, one-on-one experience
• supporting local musicians by paying them a competitive rate for their time
• building connections between schools and the local music community